Lily Toxicity in Cats

158Did you know that lily’s can cause serious injury and possibly death in cats? The photos in figure one are examples of some of the toxic lily’s. Both the flower and stem are toxic and it is our advice to anyone who has cats not to buy these flowers.

Cats become seriously ill due to kidney failure. Signs include vomiting and depression and, if you suspect that your cat has ingested some of these flowers please contact us immediately.

There has been no evidence of disease in rabbits and rats. Dogs can get gastroenteritis from ingesting a large amount of the plant material.

Leave a Reply

Let's Stay Connected: